Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ghost Throats #11: Todos Caerán - After Dark

"I would rather hide everything inside than go out and face the world."

I'm honoured to be involved with Todos Caerán. I'm honoured to have even heard Todos Caerán. I have watched this band grow. Once completely unsure of their instruments, unsure of voice, unsure of sound. But almost out of sheer force of will, Todos have risen to something special. In a years' time they have become powerhouses. This band has a work ethic unlike any band I've seen and their recent output is astonishing, both in volume and quality (high in both aspects). I could speak of the Murakami love, I could speak of individual tracks at length, the patient build in "Dance Dance Dance," the intricate melody in "Wind-up Bird" - but in the end, the thing that does it is purely the aural weight of it all. I suppose one could accuse Todos Caerán of copping Portraits of Past, and I doubt the band themselves would dispute it.- emo epics of weaving guitars that crescendo into ebullistic explosions that soon fade down into whispers - and Todos Caerán are world class at it. They rival the best. Indeed, once you've exhausted The Underdark, After Dark is truly the next step.

I wanted you to wait for the LP. The actual, physical LP should be out in about a month or so - but Todos have giving hearts, and know how the internet works. They want you to have it now. So jam it hard in the meantime. It'll dig in and stay trenched.
~KS

No comments:

Post a Comment