Thursday, December 16, 2010

Forming - S/T 7"

OH SHIT! Like usual, I get busy and GGS suffers. Sorry all. I started a new job a few weeks back and have been slowly but steadily getting my life organized again. Regular posting should commence soon.

Well it finally happened...winter! And not that "Oh no it's -10° and there's 2cm of snow on the grass" but the "Holy fuck there's 45cm EVERYWHERE and it's -50° with a windchill." Luckily I have the cure! The best way to feel better about life when you're enduring sub zero deep freezes? Summer jams!!

I honestly bought this record after the following recommendation, "Hey you're the guy who likes 90's indie rock and emo right? Buy this! The song 'Hate My Guts' is this years most serious summer jam." Boy were they right! Forming, featuring members of Ghostlimb, plays fun as hell, sing-along punk rock songs reminiscent of Dinosaur Jr. or Dag Nasty with a bit more of an indie rock slant. I don't know much what else I can say about this 7". It's a lot of fun, makes you feel great, and the songs will get stuck in your head for days. 5 months later and I'm still rocking these songs all the time and I never get sick of it.

The artwork and printing on this record is super nice. Everything on Vitriol is amazingly put together and definitely worth adding to your collection. Buy it here.
~AB

No comments:

Post a Comment