Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Troy Snaterse - S/T

At just under 20 years of age Troy Snaterse has already been involved with more bands than most people do in their lifetime. Whether it's playing hardcore in Breakaway, emo in This Machine Is..., or pop punk in Oh Messy Life, it's super apparent that Troy is talented beyond his years. This is his latest offering, a 6 song self titled solo EP and it's fantastic.

I've had the chance to see Troy's solo act a few times and it's always such an awesome sight to see 50 hardcore kids stop and fully immerse themselves in the music. As far as the tunes goes, this is pretty no frills stuff, just a guy, his guitar and his voice. Lyrics about growing up, getting into trouble and falling in and out of love. It's beautiful in it's simplicity and honesty. I know this album won't be everyone's cup of tea, but to me it represents the amazing pool of talent that's constantly growing in this beautiful city I call my home.
~AB

2 comments:

  1. Has so much class and charm he makes girls faint.
    Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about the fainting incident. Dude's a lady killer.

    ReplyDelete