Thursday, November 4, 2010

Draft Dogers - Sounds of New Kanada

AB: Kevin's gonna hate me for this one. :)

If there is one thing I know in life it's that the best music you will ever hear in your lifetime will be played by your best friends in dark, cold basements. Even if it's only been heard by a handful of kids and the only record of their existence is a xeroxed manifest and a roughly recorded tape, you will likely remember this music for the rest of your life.

Draft Dodgers were never meant to go beyond the basement. They were never meant to have a fancy recording and big tours with signed bands. They represent a brief moment in time where your entire life revolved around 17 minutes of music....and isn't that what a great album is supposed to do? I listen to this tape all the time and it still gets me the same way it did the first time I heard it. Best band. (PS. Listen to Stalwart Sons if you're not doing so already)
~AB

3 comments:

  1. Good Stuff! Reminds me of a cross between The Plan and Stop It!! Any more where this came from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing else from Draft Dodgers, but check out Stalwart Sons if you dig.

    ReplyDelete