Thursday, October 14, 2010

Field Tree - Fleas in his Collar 7"

Interesting mid 90's emo record from Detroit's Fieldtree. The first time I heard this I was really into the first song (Limb). It was really chaotic and frantic, and I really dug the bass and vocals. Side B (Memories Of The World) didnt't even really sound like the same band upon first listen and for a long time I just ignored this song. However, the more I listen to it, the more I love it. The vocals remind me of a lot of midwest emo that was popular at the time, but there is still that bit of frantic urgency that the other track plays on so well. All in all a solid offering from a band that a lot of folks may not know about.

Fun Fact: This 7" was released on Canadian Label, Winter Records, which released some of Canada's more legendary hardcore bands like Chokehold and Left For Dead. How Can They Intend to Heal (the go to blog for Canadian Hardcore) has a great interview with the owner of Winter Records. Check it.
~AB

1 comment:

  1. thanks for a link to my blog dude! much appreaciated, you have a great blog yourself!

    ReplyDelete