Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Hundred Words for Snow - s/t 7"

AB: Got another post from our Saskatoon pal, Aaron!

I do this thing during the fall season where I strap on my awesome Sony studio headphones, bundle myself up really well and go for long walks with my iPod. I’m very selective with what I listen to during these special times and nothing comes as close to championing my ears as One Hundred Words for Snow’s self-titled 7” EP. Anyone who loves wimpy emo anthems about girls, growing up and general teenage feelings, let this release become your new idol. It contains the perfect amount of poor quality, ripe with sloppiness and nervous vocals, which make them sound a lot like Mineral or early Filmmaker.

For a long time, little was known about the band except for those who actually had a chance to see them live or participate in the scene they were acquainted with in Southern California during the mid-‘90s. Lately, there have been better bio write-ups as well as some video footage that has surfaced only within the last two years of some of their shows, which included them in opening slots for Jimmy Eat World, Knapsack, Jejune, and Far. They did two splits after this EP as well as submitted a single for a compilation, but none of that is nearly as good as this 3-song 7”.
~AS

No comments:

Post a Comment