Friday, September 24, 2010

I Can Put My Arm Back On You Can't - Stands for ICPMABOYC

Remember that old PSA from the 80's with Astar, that snotty ass robot that would mockingly assert that he could put his arm back on, while the screen played a horrifying slideshow of kids maimed in farming accidents. Didn't you hate that dickhead? I know I did. I always just imagined some mangled kid yelling "Fuck you Astar, you can't even feel pain!" at the television screen in a grey hospital somewhere in the middle of Northern Ontario.

What does this have to do with I Can Put My Arm Back On You Can't? Nothing really...just felt a desire to express my distaste for that jerk. Arm Back On play pissed off, angular punk rock in the vein of bands like Shellac, Fugazi and The Jesus Lizard. Songs about sex, politics, murder, and optometry make this record feel incredibly anxious and uncomfortable.

The packaging on this album is beautiful. Great looking typography, nice rich colors, great paper stock. You know, the kind of things that make nerds like me foam at the mouth. If that wasn't enough, the lyric sheet is a 6 panel fold out, glued to the inside of the digipak with lyrics, credits and even song structures so you can play along...I guess. Nice looking stuff. I'm not a huge CD collector anymore (don't even own a CD player) but this is worth having in the collection for sure. Pick it up here.
~AB

6 comments:

  1. This rules, thanks for the upload I would have never stumbled across this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the first one too, if anyone's on the prowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. post a link, this stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fist one is way better!!!!! the 7" they did is really great too - two more tunes, one instrumental. it was just after they became a 3 piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I've got everything they've done, but I'm convinced this is still their strongest stuff. As if 5 exclamation points could convince us otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't listened to this one in a while but now that you've posted it i'll give another listen. what was that one song, latch key kid?? that song was amazing.

    ReplyDelete