Sunday, August 29, 2010

Minivan Halen - s/t 7"

I struggled with putting this album up. On the one hand I think this record is still in print and fairly easy to get your hands on, but on the other hand, I believe the band is inactive and more people need to hear this! So yeah...hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes with this post.

Admittedly I bought this 7" because of the North of America connection but to say they sound anything like Norts would be misguided. Minivan Halen plays loud, pissed off hardcore. The kind of music that makes you want to put Black Flag on the stereo and go nuts in your living room. The kind of record that makes you want to quit your shitty job and go on tour forever.

By the way, this 7" is still available through the House Party Records distro so go order it! It's only $5 and totally worth it.
~AB

No comments:

Post a Comment