Sunday, June 13, 2010

Constatine Sankathi - Discography

I'm sure there are people much more eloquent than I to write about this band but it still blows my mind that a band that was active when I was 10 years old still sounds so passionate and relevant to me now. Constatine Sankathi is the type of music that belongs in a dirty basement with 100 best friends crammed in screaming and shouting the words. It's the type of music that you sweat and bleed to. It's something I can imagine a lot of people still look back on fondly. I can only hope one day the music I make will be looked back on in the same way I look back on this.

Musically I liken this to the San Diego emo scene that was blowing up in the early 90's that produced bands like Heroin and Swing Kids but with a bit of a weirdo Nation of Ulysses vibe to it. Really great stuff. Check it. (Only bummer is a few of the older songs are a little weak, but mehhhh the rest of it is great)
~AB

2 comments:

  1. I have some obscure stuff that I think you might enjoy for your blog. Where is your contact email address?

    -AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonnagetsued@gmail.com

    Thanks!!
    ~AB

    ReplyDelete