Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pretend - Bones in the Soil, Rust in the Oil

I know nothing about this band! I know they're from California. I know they released Bones in the Soil, Rust in the Oil themselves and sold out of it within weeks of it's release. Other than those 2 facts they remain a complete mystery to me.....I do however love this record. Imagine the Kinsella brothers playing their take on Japanese jazzy post rock like Toe or Mirror and you have a pretty good idea of what this album sounds like. It maintains all the noodley goodness of bands like Owls or Joan of Arc, but manages to sound much more progressive and smooth. Very relax and chill record with understated soft vocals and an awesome grooving vivbe. It's actually a great record for this crummy rainy (and snowy?!!) day in May. Thanks to Mr. Frena for turning me onto this!
~AB

4 comments:

  1. myspace.com/pretendrock
    pre-end.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally my favorite album of all time, thanks for the download!

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to upload it again :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Imagine the Kinsella brothers playing their take on Japanese jazzy post rock like Toe or Mirror and you have a pretty good idea of what this album sounds like"

    Couldn't describe it better...

    ReplyDelete