Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Red Light Sting-And Our Love is Soaking...

If this record doesn't make you either; a) want to dance or; b) go start a fight with someone; you're probably not listening hard enough. The Red Light Sting was a weirdo dancey/emo/hardcore band from Vancouver featuring members of d.b.s. They had this great punk swagger to them that was reminiscent of bands like The Faint, The Wolfnote, Nation Of Ulysses but with really cool synth parts that sound like they've been ripped from 80's new wave records. The vocals are super snotty and abrasive, but hooky enough to get stuck in your head all day. I'm not even really sure what else to say about this record, I don't know enough about the genre to really explain why I love this record so much. I will say that I liked it so much that when I moved out my first place, I "mistakenly" took it from my roommates collection. Whoops! We all do things we're not proud of.
~AB

1 comment: